A couple from today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Today I knocked out a couple cool Jr's. Both were MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. Thanks for looking and for any comments/critiques made!

First is a Gold Ti. Jr. Gent II. I mixed two tones of pearl white with antique liquid gold leaf to create the blank. It has a really nice metallic sheen that goes nicely with the pearl in the white.
100_2046586x700.jpg
100_2053634x700.jpg
100_2060573x700.jpg

Here's a bit of a closeup:
100_2048700x682.jpg

Next is a Blk Ti. Jr Gent II. The blank is also one of my own creations. I wanted something a bit funky to add to my displays.
100_2066608x700.jpg
100_2067644x700.jpg
100_2081608x700.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If you're going to do a show, ask to be next to the "tie dye" shirts!!!

Sell that second one like "hotcakes"!!

OKLAHOMAN

Really like the second one but the top one not so much.......likeing it as loving it I think I need you to make some for sale...

David Keller

That second pen/blank is phenomenal! Looks like both pens are well made, but that second one would sell really well for me.

Dan_F

Very different from each other - one shouts, the other whispers, both communicate effectively. I'm really enjoying your castings - the gradation of color from cap to finial is a nice touch. The magenta with blue is a great combination.

Dan

Last edited:

wizard

Those are beautiful! Your castings are stunning as are the beautiful pens you create from them.. The first pen has such a warm feeling to it..almost make you want to get a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. The second one, as my son would say, is wicked looking...in a good way:). Doc

moke

Jonathon,
Your casting is fantastic, your fit and finish is exceellent and your photos are very well done....keep showing, we love looking!!

alinc100

Jonathon,
Your blanks,castings,and finished pens are awesome.Each one seems to be better than the last.You should really think about taking orders and selling custom casted blanks:biggrin:

I really like the blue swirls.I also like the Pua shell from earlier as well.If I made pens that nice I would be afraid I'd never be able to sell one as I couldn't bear to lose it.

Andy

Brooks803

Thanks everyone! The first pen was truely an expriment with using the liquid gold leaf. It worked out very well. Someone will love to take it home with them (soon i hope!) I always appreciate the feedback I get from everyone. I've been jotting down what blanks get the most attention lately and when it comes time to produce some in large batches I'll know which ones to do and not to do.

JohnU

Those look great! I like the swirl you got in the first one but I think the gold kit over powers it a bit. The second one has colors that really flow together. They're both winners in my book.

seamus7227

Holy cow!! Jonathon, if you ever want to let loose of that second pen, let me know! That is killer! the first one is cool too, but not as good as the second! Nice work.

Top Bottom