Couple of string beans.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

Here's a couple of slimlines. The first one is angle cut red oak. The second one is Black Walnut. Thanks for looking!
SlimlineACoak.jpg

SlimWalnut.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

The angle cut is nice, workmanship tops as allways. Page two of the website is looking goood, you have been busy.

I still like that tractor LOL

WoodChucker

Thanks Anthony! And I appreciate ya checking out the web page. I like that tractor too, I think I drive it almost as much as my truck. [:D]

WoodChucker

Thanks Tom! Yeah red oak doesn't excite me much for pens, unless it's like that spalted stuff that Rich was selling. But the angle cut looks pretty good.

rtjw

Great lookins pens woodchucker. I just looked at your website. I am jealous, amazed and SCARED at the same time. JEALOUS that I dont have a shop like yours. AMAZED that you have so much stuff. and SCARED to think that I might end up just like you.

wpenm

We get so caught up in the exotic woods that we sometimes forget about the wood common to our part of the world. Nice looking pens. Very clean and simple. Refreshing.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful job, R.T. The bottom one looks just like a high school graduation gift I received back in 19#%. The top really makes the red oak sing!

Brent

I like the angle cut oak as well, I made three angle cut oaks and deceided to play with one, put some stain on it and it came out pretty good. I prefere the natural ones myself but thought someone might like one a little darker. anyway it gave an excuse to play around a bit.

WoodChucker

Thanks Fleabit!

Thanks Brent! I stained a couple of oak pens too, but I didn't use a dark enough stain and didn't really like it, and they weren't angle cut either. I have some dark walnut stain that I might try and see how that looks. Never hurts to play around and try new things. [:)]

WoodChucker

Thanks Brandon! Yeah Black Walnut in general is not one of the most popular woods for pen turners. Most people like the woods with lots of grain showing in them, but it still has it's place. I've already ran into a few people that won't buy anything but home grown wood, won't even consider an exotic wood. I love walnut for woodworking, it's one of my favorites, but for pens I'm like most and prefer the exotic woods. But I keep a little of everything on hand. [:)]

jdavis

Nice job ou turning. I have worked both woods and like the walnut the best. We turn alot of walnut from a tree cut down when this school was built 23 years ago. Makes for interesting pens from wood cut here.
Ex - students are real interested in have a walnut pen from wood from their high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom