Couple of Slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

I'm a big guy, and I like the bigger pens, so I don't generally mess with slimlines unless it's for an order. I do like CS-USA's heavy gold plate Euros (I don't think they have them anymore) and BB's Olympias. But I have recently taken a shine to this Series 2000 7mm with the "Greek Key" centerband.

This one is made with a nice little section of BOW.

Side note: I have a saw that can absolutely square up a blank. Once I added this reasonably priced four jaw chuck to the repertoire, I started drilling the blanks with the lathe. I'll never go back to a press (unless there's no other way to drill it.) I can't believe it took me this long to realize the obvious benefits of drilling with the lathe. For example, I was able to get three pens -a Sedona and two slims- from one of those Zebra blanks.

Speaking of those Zebras, here's one of them. That's a 7mm "red clear coat." It's an odd horsey, but whatever the customer wants. This one matches her purse.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
J

jackrichington

the horsey one is different, but gosh darn I see why someone would like it..surely unique and colorful

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I don't think the zebra is something I'd put in my pocket, but I can easily
see the advantage of having a couple in stock. It draws the eye, and if that
gets customers to look at other things, that's great!

Nice finish on the BOW, too

Very nice pens. Years ago I owned a house painting business and if I had only accepted those jobs where I approved of the customers color selections I fear my family might have starved.

furini

Love them both - the finish on the olive is fab and the zebra is definitely eye-catching and different. I've just bought my own resin so might have a go at making a zebra blank.

Cheers

Stewart

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus

Kaspar

Kaspar

I love that BOW pen. I would of never put BOW on a slim, but that one is very nice.

Normally I wouldn't either, but that blank was about one half "area of interest" and the other half was plain. So I scaled it down to drill center in that area of interest. I could probably have put something a little bigger in it, but I think it turned out well, especially with the shade of gold in that kit.

Top Bottom