And a couple of Sierras too...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jedgerton

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedgerton

Here are a couple of Sierras that I turned last weekend. The first is cocobolo with an accent piece from BOW which was actually an oops. I left the tube glue up to cure over night only to find it protruding by 1/2" from the blank the next morning. I've never had that happen before but I've had plenty of experience dealing with oops issues!

200752811057_Custom%20Pen%20041.jpg

I also turned this Blue Hawaii acrylic but I didn't like the way it looked with the gold kits that I had. On Friday I picked up this platinum/black titanium kit at Woodcraft. I really like that kit.

200752811256_Custom%20Pen%20042.jpg

All comments welcome and thanks for looking.

John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
John, re your 'oops'. What glue did you use and did you leave it at an angle so that gravity let it slide out as it cured?
I also think you made the correct decision to change the kit with the blue acrylic. Blue with silver has always been my favourite combo.

jedgerton

Skiprat,

I was using Gorilla glue and while I can't say it was perfectly level, it was sitting "level" on our kitchen table. I should also say that my 27/64" bit makes the hole a bit sloppy for the tube. My next size down, 13/32" is too tight.

There is also a chance that a curious teenager may have picked it up to inspect it but of course there is no evidence of that actually happening [:D]

John

Radman

Looks fine John. I think the bulge in the profile helps differentiate from an oops band. To make it even less conspicous, part off some of the wood at the opposite end and replace with the same as your oops band. There's nothing wrong with what you did though... it looks just fine.
[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom