Couple of Sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkeithrussell

jkeithrussell

First is a pic of a burnt orange Sierra Click. This blank was made by Terry. The pics don't show it very well, but the finished blank shows a lot of depth of color and really sparkles. I'm not real wild about the kit. You can also see a small crack near the nib where I put too much pressure during assembly.

Second is a pic of a worthless wood Sierra. This blank was made by Curtis. These blanks are a real treat to work with.

These are my first two Sierras (actually Wall Street II from Woodcraft). I really like the twist version of the kit.

Attachments

• Longhorn Sierra Click.jpg
    Longhorn Sierra Click.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Worthless Wood Sierra.jpg
    Worthless Wood Sierra.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Nice looking pens. Those Sierras are nice kits. I haven't done one of the clicks yet, but I have some and will do them when I get back. That worthless wood is beautiful.

jkeithrussell

Nice looking pens. Those Sierras are nice kits. I haven't done one of the clicks yet, but I have some and will do them when I get back. That worthless wood is beautiful.

Thank you. Search the forum for discussions about the click pen. There is a modification you can make to shorten it and eliminate the need for the spacer. The pen kit feels clunky with the spacer and it is pretty long. I haven't yet tried the modification, but I plan to after the holidays.

bitshird

Sierras are nice I still haven't tried a click I just have this bad taste after trying other click pens, yours are good looking pens, Terry's blank looks nice, I really need to either make some worthless wood blanks or buy some from Curtis or Eugene.

KenV

The shortened click Sierra is 1.882 per the length on Bill Baumbeck's AZ SIL webpages. That is close to the length of the Sierra click pencil. Have a set to drill tonight and see what happens. I have a couple of sierra tubes that had chips off the end and I have trimmed them down to 1.882 and will turn them again this weekend. Another good recovery route when chip out happens.

td

Banned
Really good job on both pens Keith. I know what you mean about the depth of color. Sometimes it just can't be captured with a camera. Hang it there!
PM being sent.

Top Bottom