Couple of shorties

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papaturner

papaturner

Picked up a couple of short refills a Office Depot,1 parker and 1 cross. The results follows..

The first is the cross, I modified a slimline,used cocobolo and finished with ca.
I shortened the kit by 1 5/8 inches.
The second is the parker I used an Executive kit,shortened by1.5 inches,cocobolo with ca finish. Don`t think I`ll add either to my line of pens.lol:biggrin:

Attachments

• Short slimline.JPG
    Short slimline.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Short executive.JPG
    Short executive.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Picked up a couple of short refills a Office Depot,1 parker and 1 cross.....

"SHORT REFILLS".............

That is a new one on me. Are you saying they make Cross and Parker refills or clones that are 1-1/2" ± shorter than the standard refills?

I don't recall ever seeing that mentioned before. How long have they been available??

Galanw

I haven't seen a small Cross, but I do have a Parker type that is 2 1/2" long. It is made for a small Office Depot pen. I forget what it is called.

papaturner

"SHORT REFILLS".............

That is a new one on me. Are you saying they make Cross and Parker refills or clones that are 1-1/2" ± shorter than the standard refills?

I don't recall ever seeing that mentioned before. How long have they been available??

Randy, The ones I got were indeed clones,sorry I gave the impression that they were parker and cross refills. My bad.

Randy_

Perry: I wasn't so much commenting on the issue of being a clone...although that is interesting...as I was asking about the size. I have never seen short refills like that before!!

I agree that short pens are not very comfortable to use; but there is at least one place where I find them useful. If I run off for a quick trip to the store in a T-shirt without pockets.....no place for a pen or shopping list. I've broken too many sitting on them when carrying in a pants pocket.

Soooo......I bought a 99¢ Papermate click pen and cut it down from 5+ inches to 3-3/4". It lays flat in the bottom crease of my pants pocket so there is no big danger of breaking it and even if I do by some freak accident, nothing much is lost.

Was going to post a picture; but find that the camera batteries are dead:mad: so will have to do that later when they get recharged.

Top Bottom