A couple segmented Gentleman's pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cbonner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbonner

I have been playing around with trying to create something special in the way of a segmented pen. I am trying different wood combinations and proportions of the pieces. I am getting there, but still not quite where I want to be. Not quite sure what is missing, but I still don't quite have the pop I am looking for. I am guessing I went through four tries prior to getting these two, which I thought were close enough to go ahead and throw a kit on them. Anyhow, the real fun for me is in the chase, so it's back to the bandsaw, sander, CA glue and drill press :)
tn_Gentleman.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jerryconn

Craig,
I think they both look good but I really like the bottom one, very nice contrasts on the woods, what wood did you use in both?

cbonner

The top one is figured maple, ebony, mahogany veneer and flamewood (at least that is what the label on the chunk of wood said). The lower pen is pomelle bubinga, ebony veneer, maple and mystery wood. The ends of this pen are a mystery wood I pulled out of a grab barrel. It is a black and chocolate mix/ contrast and smells good when I worked with it. - Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom