A Couple of Sedona's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sjt

sjt

Hi again, second post. I've just introduced myself in this thread over here. Here's a couple of pens I've just made, both Sedona's. The first one is wrapped in some 400 year old Red Gum and the second, some Red Mallee Burl. Hope you like. I've not long started turning pens and appreciate feedback.

Cheers, Scott.

Attachments

• sedona.redgum.jpg
    sedona.redgum.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 205
  • sedona.red.mallee.jpg
    sedona.red.mallee.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

From what I see they look great. Fit and Finish seem to be spot on. Tell us about you Finish. CA? Friction? Wax? Poly?.....the list goes on and on.

Nice work

sjt

From what I see they look great. Fit and Finish seem to be spot on. Tell us about you Finish. CA? Friction? Wax? Poly?.....the list goes on and on.

Nice work

Thanks for the comments gents. Have been turning pens for the last 3 months or so. Have been woodturning for at least 3 years (only just got the addiction!). I turned the pens down to the specified diameter (not to the bush size), sanded to 400 grit or so then applied 20 coats of CA with accelerator in-between. I then wet sanded the CA finish with micromesh and polish with brasso and then wax. I love how the CA finish turns out, but have only just come close to getting it to an acceptable quality.

I get my kits from Timberbits in Sydney. David has some nice tutorials on how to turn pens and apply CA finish (using a deodoriser as an accelerator!!!). You can view his tutorials this link. Thank you for commenting :)

Top Bottom