Couple of Resin Castings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodguy1975

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

Well, this is the result of my first batch of resin castings. I tried for more of a twist with the colors instead of a complete blend. Since I'm new to the forum I figured I would show you guys what I've been working on.

So, from the experts, how am I doing?

200551544750_firstresincasting.jpg

200551544527_resinstreamlineeuro.jpg

Thanks for viewing,

John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Man, if that's your first batch, I can't wait till I see your secound.![:0]

Great job John, Oh... the pens are nice as well.

woodguy1975

Thanks for the replys guys. The colors I used were the green and purple liquid dye. I bought a wide arrangement of dyes and pigments to try. I'm really happy with the liquid dyes. I followed Yoyospin's lead on adding the dye last after the luster pigment and catalyst had been added. I didn't wait for it to totally jell before adding the dye, but I did let it sit for a few minutes. Both of these pens have a nice twist affect with the luster pigment that I really liked. I tried a couple after these with adding the dye earlier and found that I didn't get the color contrast I was looking for.

It is a lot of fun. Addictive is a word I would use. Best of all I know it won't cause me to have an allergic reaction when I turn it. I seem to be having problems lately. [:(] Walnut and lacewood eat me alive for sure. I'm sure there are a few others that are probably worse for me, so this is a good safe material to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom