A couple of recent pretties

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thank you for looking and particularly for adding a comment!

Red Heart

attachment.php

Amboyna

attachment.php

Attachments

• _DSC0669.jpg
    _DSC0669.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 865
  • _DSC0673.jpg
    _DSC0673.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 840
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Lou

The burl stands alone. No words are needed. I do not think you could make a bad pen with that wood. It is one of the best looking timbers around. Nice photos also. Thanks for showing.

RAdams

Banned
Those are really nice. What kit is the bottom one? Is that a Dayacom nib on your pen there boss?

oops99

All I can add is "YUP" they are all right. Stunning is probably the best description of both, but that burl is in it's own class.

Tom/oops99

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Glad to see that you are now using decent nibs:rolleyes::eek::eek::biggrin:

oh...and get yourself a pair of cotton gloves to keep in your camera bag:wink:

Last edited:

witz1976

Very nice pens Lou! I hear Redheart can turn brown was there a reason for using this instead of blood? It looks excellent and I have some redheart that I was holding off from using...but after seeing your results. hmmm.

miket812

I am not sure what everyone else is looking at but the pens I see are absolutely horrific, to save you the shame and embarrassment :biggrin::wink:you should send them to me. I will even tell people I made them to save your reputation. Those are very beautiful pens.....er......pieces of art.
Mike H.

jskeen

Lou, both of those absolutely live up to your usual stratospheric standards. I think I personally prefer the retro, strange as it may seem. The rich color, clean lines, and relative simplicity of that kit with that blank really say "craftsmanship and elegance" where the bling and the burl almost seem to compete with each other on the Lotus. Now I might change my mind seeing them in person, but that's just my impression from the photos. Of course I'd have to trade in the RB section for a FP and one of your 5mm nibs. I seem to have pretty much quit writing with anything else for some reason.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Again, thank you all for the kind words. As for the red heart, yes, it will mellow to a rich red-brown over time, although the lacquer will slow that down a bit. FWIW, almost all "colored" woods will darken, due to either UV or oxidation, over time.

Top Bottom