tonyhamm

These will be late Christmas gifts for my wife's parents

Image Insert:
20041223164659_PinkIvory.jpg

2004122405720_Honduras_Rosewood.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
G

Nice job ,nice pictures.
I don't normally care for wasp waist pens but I like the shape on the top one.

I love that Pink Ivory. But I don't know why no one else who sees my pens does. My wife doesn't, ladies at the office doesn't. Even hundreds of people at two craft shows passed the Pink Ivory right on by. Go figure. I even had a Euopean round top and the Pink Ivory was actually a nice mellow brown color and I still have it.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful pens, Tony, with great lines. This is exactly why the slimline is one of my favorites. So many ways to make it beautiful.

And Mac, I've found that pink ivory needs some accents to get the attention it deserves. I try to go very dark or very light with either a custom centerband or a lamination. It makes the pink jump out!

tonyhamm

Chuck,

The bottom one looks like it wraps around the nib but it doesn't actually. It was just the way the scan turned out.

I am glad everyone seems to like these. They are #7 and 8 of the pens I have turned so far. I have only had my lathe for a week now, so I am still experimenting with different woods and shapes. The slimlines are very versatile to work with and lend themselves to playing around.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom