A couple of pens that I made

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Geophyrd

Geophyrd

Hope you like 'em. Kind of awkward showing these off for other penmakers. My wife loves them, but I'm pretty sure if I whittled a premade pen, she'd be proud.

The segmented one with the black and white tops kicked my butt. No less than four blowups on the lathe, two more on the drill press. I used too much material for one danged pen.

Attachments

• DSC05805-1.jpg
    DSC05805-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC05798.jpg
    DSC05798.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC05774.jpg
    DSC05774.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC05790.jpg
    DSC05790.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC05780.jpg
    DSC05780.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

The effort put into the segmented pen just makes you appreciate the pen that much more. These are double tough to do and have them work out so "Job well done" The others look great as well

Nobody really talks about the amount of materiel you can go through when segmenting. You just have to make sure your joints are clean and well glued and never turn a segmented blank when you are in a hurry.

wiset1

Lovely group of pens indeed. What kit was used for the segmented pen?

Terry, this looks like a Majestic kit, but the clip isn't seated all the way down for some reason since the clip and the cap are one pc on the Majestic line.:)

Geophyrd

Lovely group of pens indeed. What kit was used for the segmented pen?

Terry, this looks like a Majestic kit, but the clip isn't seated all the way down for some reason since the clip and the cap are one pc on the Majestic line.:)

The segmented pen is, indeed a Majestic and you're right that it isn't seated. When I was using the collar to take it down the material to the tube, I went a little too far. Four blown materials later, that was the result. I'm going to insert a spacer in there to close up the gap.

Top Bottom