Couple of pens headed to Missouri....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lwalden

lwalden

Was commisioned to create pens for the newly elected Governor and Attorney General of Missouri, incorporating the black and gold of the Missouri colors. Thanks to Richard (RandBcrafts) for the Black with Gold Matrix Tru-stone that went into these. The gentleman commissioning the pens also wanted a Jr Emperor for a family member. Wish the pictures were better- I need to try and get my new camera set up and lighting/light tent back out.....

Attachments

• 100_6536.JPG
    100_6536.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 100_6539.JPG
    100_6539.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 100_6537.JPG
    100_6537.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_6538.JPG
    100_6538.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_6531.JPG
    100_6531.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DSallee

WOW Lyle! very impressive, I love these and I'm sure they will too! You must feel great about having your pens going to such high ranking officials! I know I would!

Contrats on the commission to do these for my state! AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing
Dave

Rifleman1776

Congratulations on the commission.
Here, in Arkansas, we frequently have mini-scandals when out-of-staters are commissioned to make a commemorative for our state.
It is considered an insult to Arkansas artists. Rightfully, IMHO.
That detracts not a bit from you or your work. You did great with those. I just believe in loyalty.

lwalden

Well, before we get any "mini-scandals" going:biggrin:, let me toss in some clarification along with an apology to anyone who may have read this different from my intent. These were not commissioned by the State of Missouri. These were not commissioned by a political party in Missouri. These were not commissioned by employees of the State. I can see where using "out-of-staters" for State business would raise questions, and rightly so. The gentleman who commissioned these pens is a repeat customer of mine. I define a "commission" as anytime a customer hires me to create an item that is required to meet certain criteria or thematic elements. I appreciate the trust and loyalty he shows me by continuing to use my services for specialty items, whether to commerate a specific event or just to provide a unique hand-crafted item in today's mass produced world. Given that this gentleman does business in multiple states (we originally connected as a result of business interests he has in Texas), I would think it unreasonable to expect him to find a craftsman/craftswoman specific to each locale he either has friends/family members/associates or does business in.

Congratulations on the commission.
Here, in Arkansas, we frequently have mini-scandals when out-of-staters are commissioned to make a commemorative for our state.
It is considered an insult to Arkansas artists. Rightfully, IMHO.
That detracts not a bit from you or your work. You did great with those. I just believe in loyalty.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Well, before we get any "mini-scandals" going:biggrin:, let me toss in some clarification along with an apology to anyone who may have read this different from my intent. These were not commissioned by the State of Missouri. These were not commissioned by a political party in Missouri. These were not commissioned by employees of the State. I can see where using "out-of-staters" for State business would raise questions, and rightly so. The gentleman who commissioned these pens is a repeat customer of mine. I define a "commission" as anytime a customer hires me to create an item that is required to meet certain criteria or thematic elements. I appreciate the trust and loyalty he shows me by continuing to use my services for specialty items, whether to commerate a specific event or just to provide a unique hand-crafted item in today's mass produced world. Given that this gentleman does business in multiple states (we originally connected as a result of business interests he has in Texas), I would think it unreasonable to expect him to find a craftsman/craftswoman specific to each locale he either has friends/family members/associates or does business in.
I was thinking the same way as Frank was, I'm glad that you clearified that part. You did an outstanding job on the pen and the overall presentation. Congratulations.

louisbry

Nice pens and congradulations on your commission. The commission being from an out of state client reflects your artistic ability and business practices. Well done!

Top Bottom