Couple of pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jyreene

jyreene

Here's a few pens. The gunmetal magnum bolt action has a pink leather blank from exoticblanks.com.

The gunmetal bolt action has a cobaltium mixed M3 blank.

The chrome bolt action and black enamel bolt action have a segmented blank I bought from PSI (still learning the finer points of many things and I learned a lot about turning a segmented blank with these ones).

The gold Toni twist is cocobolo

The M3 is finished with micro mesh all the way and metal compound polish. The leather cast is the same but with huts plastic polish.

The wood ones are sanded the same but the. I used sanding sealer and melamine lacquer.

I was pretty terrified the whole time because its been almost a year since I've turned a pen.

Looking forward to diving back in and learning more about what not to do! (Hint it involves trying to figure out how to stop tripping the breaker!)

Attachments

• image-1938818849.jpg
    image-1938818849.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 206
  • image-2056472453.jpg
    image-2056472453.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 188
  • image-1135256614.jpg
    image-1135256614.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 207
  • image-1446891848.jpg
    image-1446891848.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 210
  • image-3808638036.jpg
    image-3808638036.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 201

jyreene

Since I can't edit this one that I posted from my phone I'll just add a reply.

It's a trimline not toni twist (though they are practically the same thing).

The segmented blanks came from one blank. I drilled off center on both but at different starting spots to make the blanks slightly different. I noticed how one got some tear out at the nib but not enough to spoil the pen but enough that I noticed it and consider it a partial success.

The pink one I guess I didn't shorten the blank enough. I cut it off from a pre-tubed and glued blank that was cast (maybe someday I'll get into casting and what not but not yet). That was the first time I ever used a pre-tubed blank. The pen still works and I thought I had shortened it enough but the nib looks like it's a runt!

Anyways, I know the photos aren't exactly top notch but I'll settle for what they are right now. Getting to turn pens was more important and when I was done it was time to give the wife a break from the 3 day old. I'll try and upload better ones later but I probably will forget.

Top Bottom