couple of pen/pencil sets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lwalden

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwalden

just finished up these orders- Rattlesnake set, and BEB set... wish the rattlesnake had been a closer color/pattern match between the pen and pencil, however I'm just happy that I managed to get them turned without blowing one up. comments and critiques welcomed..

200671825445_100_4461-1.jpg

200671825515_100B4490-1.jpg

200671825539_100_4511-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Those look great Lyle. Did you cast them yourself? Enjoyed the visit at bubbasville (Texas edition) Sat. Say hi to nick..loved the pen he made. I hope we are posting some cactus pens soon.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

lwalden

Thanks, Don, we enjoyed seeing you and the others at Bubbasville. As soon as we got home, Nick had to cruise the neighborhood and see if he could terrorize any of the girls with the snakeskin and mesquite pen you helped him with (Nick's 9, so terrorizing the neighborhood girls is currently one of his highest aspirations). We also drilled and glued up the cedar blank you gave him tonight, and he's planning on turning it tomorrow night. The snakeskin pens in the pics are from BB at Ariz. Silhouette- I've got a couple of test sierras glued to the tubes, but need to finish plumbing my HF Pressure pot before trying my first casting. I've got a feeling it's going to be a while before I can even get close to the quality of the snakeskin blanks he sells.

thewishman

Nice looking cigars. Snakeskins are starting to grow on me (not literally - that would be gross - eeewwww.) The box elder burl is very pretty - what finish did you use?

Chris

lwalden

Dipped lacquer on the BEB, nothing on top of the snakeskin- wetsand thru 12000 MM, little micro-polish paste and buff. Thanks for the comments.
Originally posted by thewishman
<br />Nice looking cigars. Snakeskins are starting to grow on me (not literally - that would be gross - eeewwww.) The box elder burl is very pretty - what finish did you use?

Chris

angboy

Very nice BEB pens- especially the top one- has a really interesting pattern up near the top. And the personalized boxes are a really nice touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom