Couple of new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jsolie

jsolie

You know how life always seems to sometimes get in the way of what you intend to do? Well that happened to us this last month. My oldest son broke his right fibula and badly sprained his foot on his last day at his last summer camp (he graduated from high school this year). I'd been intending to post some photos of the pens I'd made, and am just now getting around to it.

First off, I ordered a hat from Ed at Exotic Blanks. He surprised me by including a "Plum Fun" acrylic blank. My daughter is getting married next year, and this blank is pretty close to one of the colors she keeps waffling between. So, depending on what she wants to do, I might have to acquire some more of these blanks. As for the pen, it's now firmly in the possession of my wife. And if you can't tell, it's a Cigar style pen from CS.

_MG_9558-XL.jpg

Next up is a pen I'd turned a while back out of some stabilized buckeye burl that came from Robert at burlsource.com (Bad Dogs Burl Source). I was experimenting with turning pens that have some diameter to them. This is a fairly heavy Cigar style pen. Even though things could have been more even on this pen, I'm happy with how it turned out.

_MG_9566-L.jpg

Finally, I decided to try turning one of those bolt action pens I keep seeing pop up here and there. The good news is I still have half of the blank left for another pen. The bad news is that I don't have another kit on hand, so it looks like another order from PSI is in my near future.

_MG_9563-L.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom