Couple new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from airborne_r6

airborne_r6

This is a pen/pencil/key ring set I made for one of my brother-in-laws, he is a missionary for our church and is in Oregon so I made it Ducks colors, blanks courtesy of Jonathon Brooks.
PenPencilOilvialsetBrooksblanks.jpg

One for my mother-in-law for her birthday, to replace one I made her several years ago which she lost. Wall St II and I suspect the blank is form Woodcraft. Every time I take my wife in there she picks up several blanks she likes and then forgets about them and so eventually I do something I want with them. Its a great way to buy blanks without getting in trouble for buying blanks. :biggrin:
OrangepersimmonWallStII.jpg

These really aren't pens but I wanted to post them here so people can see the difference reverse painting different colors can make. All three of the red/black/white tubes are cut from the same blank but reverse painted three different colors, one red, one white and one black. The fourth is some casein I had left over after making some other pens. The kits are toothpick holders from Woodcraft cut shorter, in half actually, to function as pill holders. The red one is slightly off center, but it is the kit not the blank. It was for me so I didn't bother replacing it.
Pillholderkeyrings.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russknan

First of all, beautiful work. I LIKE them!

But:
"I suspect the blank is form Woodcraft. Every time I take my wife in there she picks up several blanks she likes and then forgets about them and so eventually I do something I want with them. Its a great way to buy blanks without getting in trouble for buying blanks."
What a tender, heart-warming story, Wayne! You are my hero!
PS: Can I borrow your wife? I need to go shopping!
Russ

airborne_r6

I'm biased towards the slims a bit but they're all very nice! You're photos are dead on gorgeous!

Thanks, I thought you would like those :) I spent quite a bit of time working on my photo setup, so I am glad to get some feedback on that aspect also.

Top Bottom