Not open for further replies.

Nolan

Comments welcome.

Nolan

2006520155910_DSCF0003.jpg

2006520155937_DSCF0004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

The pens looks good, very lgood fit and finish. The picture, OTOH, have way too much contrast. What are you using for lighting?

Nolan

Gerry,
The lighting was natural lighting coming through my living room window. The backgroung is one of them car window shades. Dont like the pics as I feel the reflection from the background made the pic a funny color, kinda a green tint.

Nolan

Rifleman1776

I don't use a stand, yours works well. Your background is kinda sorry. I have to ditto the underwear comment. [:0] A seamless background that has close to the same shade as your object works best to reduce contrast. Wal-Mart, in the craft department, sells square of felt in many colors, real cheap. Buy a bunch of those and stand or lay your pen on them for a simple, underwear free, background. Pens are fine, kinda dark in the picture.

Well, I liked the background, except for the black line at the bottom LOL And it looks like patterned/ribbed glass to me, on my computer.

On a fluke, I've been taking some of our pictures on two pieces of 'patterned' vellum-- guess its supposed to be like marble or something-- a white on white. It was all I had at one show as I was cutting some paper items and just used it. I've used felt, velvet and for a while, a scrap of cream burlap was my favorite background choice.

But I truly thought it was a cool piece of narrow ribbed glass-- which might really make anice backdrop!!!

To keep down some of the glare, try holding up a piece of white paper to shadow it just a bit, kind of like a photographers' white umbrella. Now, if only I took my own advice........ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom