Couple of new ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
First are two Sierra blanks from Charlie( Creative Dimensions), blue dyed 'Maze' and a 'Grapevine' painted by my daughter. I think the CA coats may have dulled the colours on the Grapevine as they were very vibrant before. I love it mainly cos it's the first collaboration with my daughter:biggrin:
Then I tried to do small 'scallops' in stainless. I then filled with black hammerite paint and sprinkled some gold glitter on the paint. Then I built up the blank with countless coats of CA. The scallops worked as planned, but the CA did 'bloom' in a few small places. Oh well...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• NEW 021.jpg
    NEW 021.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 238
  • NEW 022.jpg
    NEW 022.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 233
  • NEW 031.jpg
    NEW 031.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 250
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Those are three very unique pens and, left to right, kind off reminiscent of three degrees of complexity from your daughter to techno sophisticated look of the future. I see your work and admire it very much. You are truly talented. Beautiful pens !!!
Doc

bitshird

Steven, I know what you mean about getting you children involved, I think your Daughters work is very good, the Blue Maze is a nice looking pen as well, and your scallop is awesome.

Craftdiggity

Steve, Those are some great pens. I'm curious about your daughter's grapevine work. It appears to me to be raised off the background color. Did she paint the outer layer of the blanks and then you used CA over top?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Steve, Those are some great pens. I'm curious about your daughter's grapevine work. It appears to me to be raised off the background color. Did she paint the outer layer of the blanks and then you used CA over top?

Chris, these blanks from Charlie have a raised image and then the paint was carefully done on the raised edge. So yes, it does seem to sit above the base wood and also below the CA surface.

Those are some Beautiful pens.Where did you get the pen kit in the second pic.I would like to make one for my mom's birthday.Thank You

I think this is a Sierra Tropicana and I'm pretty sure I got them from CSUSA but could be wrong

Thanks for all the kind comments:biggrin:

Jgrden

Skippy, I think you are onto something with the artist work your daughter provided you. This must run in the family. My .02 cents

Top Bottom