A couple new ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

From left to right... Spalted beech, deer antler, and antler keychain. All in my second ever winged bowl from spalted hickory. I've got to get a new camera, the finish looks awful in this pic. It's really quite good. BLO/CA on the beech, MM12000 and carnauba/buffing for the antler.

20058271275_turnings02.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan

Beautiful work Dave, you really seem to have a feel for the taper and shape of the barrels.

I admire your skill and patience using the CA/BLO finish. I tried it (and trashed three pens) before I realized I wasn't cut out for the complicated finish.

You ROCK dude!

Dan
Unionville, VA

woodscavenger

Complicated? CA/BLO is pretty straight forward you just need something to pull those nasty fumes away. Dave, I like the style. They have a little different shape than I have seen on most Cigars.

Woodnknots

Dan, I was getting pretty annoyed with the CA/BLO process as well, until I realized the step that I had previously overlooked. Use a medium CA, and after you apply the CA/BLO, use a dry paper towel to wipe off the excess and BURNISH the surface. Do this a few times, and then buff with a carnauba, and the finish is GLASS! Oh, and do it all at turning speed, for me it's about 1800 RPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom