a couple new (to me) ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ted iin Michigan

Haven't posted in a while (lots of reasons, of course) but finally got in the shop to make some pens and came up with a couple I thought I'd share

I like to try a couple new styles each year. I'm not a big fan of most of the offerings I see lately. Seems like the component manufacturers are into putting dragon heads or swords in them or offering pens that are supposed to be (ugh) automatic rifle clones. IMHO, the pens I sell should reflect the maker's (me) work. Sooooo - when I saw the "Long Boy" from Berea, I was intrigued. Got some from Dawn & Ed and have been playing.

Take a look and keep reading as I have a request after the picture:

attachment.php

I'm liking these pens. Nice feel, decent balance, Parker style refill, a real smooth click mechanism and 2 options - with a supplied center band or without.

So I'm curious as to everybody's thinking - is there a favorite style or not. I kind of like the one without the center band.

And one other thing. I usually wet sand to 2000, do a quick Novus 3 & 2 and then buff on the Beall wheels. I omitted buffing on one but not the other. I can tell the difference in my hand but not so sure in the photo - can you? (That's the reason for the larger than normal pic.)

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• DSCO1598a.jpg
    DSCO1598a.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gbpens

You need to offer both options. The center band works with the blue resin but the brown/white pattern would does not need any help. It is not so much center band or no center band in general but taking into account the material in the body of the pen.

PatrickR

Nice work!
FWIW. (I don't sell pens)I like the look of a center band. After making some without they look unfinished to me. Too homemade looking. I'm with you on the theme pens but they must be good sellers. Just not something I would carry.
After using a script clicker for a few weeks the feel has grown on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magpens

Beaut pens !!! . I like WITHOUT the center band. . Can't tell the diff with regard to shine

I like it without the CB. I prefer a click pen to show off the barrel without it being interrupted with an unnecessary CB, but as previously mentioned, it's probably best to offer both styles.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I agree with Gene; for the serpentine segmented, the centerband would have broken the patterns, but on the acrylic it is fine. Although, it would not be distracting to have omitted it on the acrylic. I actually prefer it without the centerbands.

I'll guess that the serpentine blank was not buffed???

Both are beautiful!

Top Bottom