A couple new kitless fountain pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Here are a couple fountain pens I recently finished. The first is a petite, pocket-sized pen in vintage green cellulose acetate and black ebonite. The nib is a Pelikan 200 steel nib. It is eyedropper fill only, and the cap posts nicely to make it a comfortable writer.

Second is a larger pen made from "onyx" acrylic, and has a #6 14K two tone nib in a ruthenium/rhodium plating. It can be filled using a cartridge, converter, or eyedropper.

Both pens have handmade clips. These pens were fun to make, and were good practice to getting back in the penmaking groove after the Thanksgiving lull of no penmaking! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• green8.jpg
    green8.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 252
  • green11.jpg
    green11.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 226
  • green12.jpg
    green12.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 229
  • green10.jpg
    green10.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 206
  • onyx4.jpg
    onyx4.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 250
  • onyx.jpg
    onyx.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 220
  • onyx2.jpg
    onyx2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 214
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beautiful pens !!!!! . Can you tell me please, what material you used for the clips and where you got it . Thanks.

Last edited:

SteveG

John, I always enjoy viewing your work. Your design appears excellent to me, and workmanship is superb. Your clip-making results truly compliment the pens. The challenge of designing and making a "postable" pen that presents a well proportioned look has been met very nicely on the petite with green. Nice work on both!

The clips I have seen posted by you have prompted me to pursue that endeavor, and I have the "stuff" to do it, and look ahead to the time I will be posting some of my attempts. Not quite there yet.

jalbert

Beautiful pens !!!!! . Can you tell me please, what material you used for the clips and where you got it . Thanks.
Thanks! Nickel silver I purchased from online metals.

John, I always enjoy viewing your work. Your design appears excellent to me, and workmanship is superb. Your clip-making results truly compliment the pens. The challenge of designing and making a "postable" pen that presents a well proportioned look has been met very nicely on the petite with green. Nice work on both!
The clips I have seen posted by you have prompted me to pursue that endeavor, and I have the "stuff" to do it, and look ahead to the time I will be posting some of my attempts. Not quite there yet.
Thank you Steve! Generally I am not a fan of making things specifically postable, as it dictates the profile of the barrel, and I don't like exogenous things messing with my shapes! However I think it worked out with this pen!
You'll get your clipmaking down eventually! It just takes a lot of practice and the acceptance that you need to just jump in and screw a few clips up if need be!
This is some fine work.
Tell us how you make your clips so well
Thanks! Clips come with lots of practice with a jeweler's saw and files (at least in my case!)

PenPal

Clever varietal workmanship impresses me so much. The design perfect shaping of the green one. The other one departs in so many ways both outstanding made my day.

Peter.

OZturner

Another two Fantastic Pens, John
Both Exhibit the Skills you have achieved over the years.
Outstanding Proportions, and Profiles.
Incredible Fit and Finish.
Divine Handcrafted Custom Clips.
Superb Craftsmanship.
Congratulations
Brian.

Top Bottom