A couple new Cigar Illusions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

I'm trying to get my website filled back up with pens. Life is just so stinkin' busy with two teens, two dogs (one which has been very ill) and just life in general.

Running a small online business is a blast, but it takes a considerable amount of time once one considers inventory, craftsmanship, photography, post-production for web upload, web store upload, processing and shipping... and the fun goes on! :biggrin::biggrin:

I squeezed these in between dropping kids off and picking kids up and now I'm headed to transport instruments for the band (my son plays trombone) and go to the football game. :bulgy-eyes: All in a good days work! (we were without power for 3 hrs today.)

Attachments

• CI69-6789.jpg
    CI69-6789.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 439
  • CI70-6792.jpg
    CI70-6792.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 384
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Maybe my mind is slipping a tad but those two pens look leaps and bounds nicer than the ones I remembered from the past.

I guess you just kept refining little details until you hit perfection!

Very nice presentation boxes as well, did you make those as well?

Jim Burr

Banned
Kinda funny...I was flying some R/C planes today and the second one looked just like smoke of the month! Better than the rest Sir!!

Bigj51

Those are awesome! You are one hell of an artist! I am very very tempted to buy one of these off of your website. As a collector I would love to have one of these in my collection!:eek:

robutacion

Great pens, Martin...!

You certainly have perfected the "ash" look/affect, making then very real but that is the point, huh...???? the more real they look, the higher prices and more sales you get so, congrats...!

No wonder why I though of you, with the Curly Gum root, dead wood blanks I've shown the other day...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

mrburls

Awesome work Martin. What makes them so real looking to me is you can't even see the pen joint where they separate. Are those the boxes from Penn State ? They are sweet, I've used a few of them myself.

Keith "mrburls"

Bigj51

I love your work! I just couldn't help myself... Visited your website and purchased the second one pictured! Why should my collection be limited only to the pens I make? I can't wait to see it in person!

MartinPens

Jeff,

I love working with this Koa! It is just a really sweet wood. It takes an edge so well and the finish always comes out perfect. I can't talk sales on this thread, but I'm glad you stopped by. : )

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

MartinPens

Maybe my mind is slipping a tad but those two pens look leaps and bounds nicer than the ones I remembered from the past.

I guess you just kept refining little details until you hit perfection!

Very nice presentation boxes as well, did you make those as well?

Awesome work Martin. What makes them so real looking to me is you can't even see the pen joint where they separate. Are those the boxes from Penn State ? They are sweet, I've used a few of them myself.

Keith "mrburls"

George,
As you well know... the more time spent making a pen, the more refined they get! As in a recent post of yours!!!

George & Keith
The boxes are the "High End Bubinga" cases from PSI. A bit pricey (and as everyone knows - patience is needed in awaiting shipment) and I guarantee you they are NOT Bubinga, but they are a very nice (stained) wooden hinged case.

Keith,
I have worked hard to get a clean invisible line with little to no interruption in the grain. I can't tell you how many I've gone through trying to perfect that one aspect. The ash is still a work in progress. I'm getting ready to try an ash that has partially fallen off. I'm not sure how that's going to come across.

Thanks for all the comments! After the frustrations of trying to make kitless sections on my wood lathe - I needed the boost. : )

Regards

wiset1

Always amazing Martin! One of these days I'll get time in the shop and I'll come up with another pen to trade :)

MartinPens

Those pens are magic Martin. In a day and age with big anti smoking campaigns do people buy those pens. Just a question

The Cigar Industry is a multi billion dollar industry and a niche market! I wish I had the money to advertise - but I would be busier than I could keep up with. I'm trying to juggle the home business with lots going on - so I'm not too sure how busy I would want to be at this point. A little busier than I am now? : ) And remember.... you can't smoke these!
Thanks

Bigj51

Those pens are magic Martin. In a day and age with big anti smoking campaigns do people buy those pens. Just a question

The Cigar Industry is a multi billion dollar industry and a niche market! I wish I had the money to advertise - but I would be busier than I could keep up with. I'm trying to juggle the home business with lots going on - so I'm not too sure how busy I would want to be at this point. A little busier than I am now? : ) And remember.... you can't smoke these!
Thanks

What?! I can't smoke it? can I at least chew on it? :rotfl:

Donovan

Thanks

Thanks Martin I asked because I don't actually know any body that smokes Cigars. Never to old to learn I guess

Cheers

Top Bottom