Couple new cactus pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here are a couple of new prickly pear cactus pens I completed recently. I still can't seem to get my pics to come out stunning but I guess they are getting better.

This one is clear resin with the tube painted black. It really allows you to see the depth of the cactus skeleton. It is everyone's favorite so far.

ClearCactus.jpg

This one has gold metal dust mixed in with the resin. It turned out more brown that I hoped but still looks nice in person. If my pictures were better you would be able to see the gold accents that are there.

GoldCactus.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

Mate they are fantastic you have one my vote for creativity.my next door neighbour has them growing in his backyard I might have to try it out. thay tell me the fruit is very nice to eat to.how long have you been using cacuts. great job Mate keep them coming.

Dario

Folks, I had the opportunity to see these in person and the photos doesn't do them justice. I love the clear one with black tube. If anyone will be making any of these, I highly recommend that you try it. [^]

Ofcourse you have to follow the casting tutorial well...else you may get bubbles and those will create less than appealing effect.

Nice pens Curtis!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Keep your eyes on the Casual Forum. I am going to be auctioning 3 cactus pen blanks to benefit IAP! I hope to get them made today and posted over the weekend.

OSCAR15

I HATE plastics, acrylics etc....But for these, I gladly take exception! BEAUTIFUL! These are unique and beautiful....Got any blanks to sell?

200663013168_thumbup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom