A couple of my recent segmented pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisN

ChrisN

First up:

This one's a Chrome Jr. Gent 1 Rollerball. I removed the center band, the finial, and the postable end. It's made out of Maple, Blackwood or Ebony, and curly Koa.
IMG_6313-resize.jpgIMG_6329-resize.jpg

Next up:
A Black Titanium Clicker. I call this my "Ketchup & Mustard" pen. It was a [strike]pain to make[/strike] real learning experience!:biggrin: The Osage Orange barrel is satin sheen; and the grip, which is made out of an unknown burl, is high gloss. Both sections were finished with CA.
IMG_6337-resize.jpg

A Black Titanium/Rhodium Sierra with a "Sunset" blank. Osage orange, Flame Box Elder, Unknown, and Padauk. No, the joints are not straight, and yes, they are supposed to be like that.:biggrin:
IMG_6333-resize.jpg

Last but not least:
A Rhodium Clicker with a "3 Maple" blank. Spalted Maple, Stabilized Curly Maple, and Maple burl.
IMG_6346-resize.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PhilBill32

Great Pens

Those were really sweet pens, where did you get those pen kits? Also, on the sunset pen, how did you get those silver lines inbetween the segments?

ChrisN

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Those were really sweet pens, where did you get those pen kits? Also, on the sunset pen, how did you get those silver lines inbetween the segments?

The Jr. Gent was from an IAP member, but Smitty sells them. The black Ti clicker was from LauLau Woodworks, and the other two were from Timberbits.

The silver lines are actually aluminum from flashing or a soda can.

Fishinbo

Those are great looking batch of segmented pens. Like the wood combo and the silver lining makes a great touch. The finish is flawless. Great job!

Top Bottom