A couple of my best.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RMB

RMB

Two Barons.
First is blue dyed maple burl, where the dye only penetrated the spalted areas, giving a nice dark spalt line dividing the blue and natural colored wood. Four lines of Inlace inlay.
Second is a guitar themed pen, for one of my groomsmen. Red stabilized curly maple, pickguard, rosewood and curly maple. Frets are aluminum siding and markers are finish nails (not recomended, had to work those with a file). I got a big fat blister on my thumb from all the hand sanding I had to do on this one.

After about a dozen tries each, these are the best photos I could come up with. They are actually shiny, I promise.

Attachments

• blue maple.jpg
    blue maple.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 238
  • blue maple 2.jpg
    blue maple 2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 282
  • gitpen.jpg
    gitpen.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 267
  • gitpen2.jpg
    gitpen2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Cool pens, I like both, i love the spalted Maple ans the inlays on the other is col, hewunch <sp> did some guitar neck pens that were pretty cool to,

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Ryan brought his pen to our regional IAP meeting yesterday and I swiped his pen for a couple of photos after the tutorial.

attachment.jpg

Hmmm, blown up that big, my manual focus was just a wee might off. :mad:

GK

Attachments

• _MG_5698.jpg
    _MG_5698.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 149

Scott

Ryan,

Nice pens! Beautiful in fact!

If you do another guitar-themed pen, try using silver wire for the markers. It's a little better behaved than a finish nail! Dang nice job though!

Scott.

Top Bottom