Couple more from yesterday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's three more from the shop. Finished these up yesterday. First is a chrome zen with a home cast blank of Pearl white, pearl green, and non pearl blue. I wanted to break up the pearl a bit to give a bit of contrast. The second is a Rhodium Jr. Gent with a nice gold & a very dark blue. It looks black but shines blue in the light. Third is my first attempt at a Razor. I made this one for my wife out of Wild Horse Jasper which is her favorite Trustone. All were MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. Thanks for looking and for any comments made!
008736x800.jpg
006705x800.jpg
014769x800.jpg
065714x800.jpg
070742x800.jpg
052719x800.jpg
100_1627.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

I LOVE that pearl cast! And you can guess how I feel about the blue&gold. I put that s**t on everything!! The workmanship is top-notch. I also like the choice of material on the razor, and now want my own. I can envision a cigar done with it and add a couple of skull dry transfers to make it pop.

ctubbs

Words can not adequately express the beauty you have laid before our eyes today, Jonathon. Both the pen blanks are just wonderful and the workmanship bringing them to the hardware is wonderful not to mention that gorgeous razor. Thanks for sharing your work today. It is inspiring.
Charles

wiset1

I can't get over how awesome those look! There's great depth and richness in those first two pens...wow. Great job

MorganGrafixx

The blank on the blue/white Zen is drop dead gorgeous!!!! You have truly outdone yourself with that one man!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

PenPal

Johnathon,

Home cast triumph the completely antiseptic chrome balanced well by the white developing to the clinical transition of pearl, greens and blues by ripples,folds. This pen holds it own top removed as well, sometimes a real test.

Second pen Magma from the gods of the earth would appear from eruptions in Hawaii and seem absolutely natural. A stand out also

Shaving much maligned and necessary will be a pleasure using your crafted handle, special enough to frame for mine.

Collectively immediate and there so happy you shared them with us.

Kind regards Peter.

wizard

Jonathan, All are beautiful with great fit and finish! You do some incredible work and these are no exception. Regards, Doc

PaulDoug

Jonathan, that is some beautiful casting and turning. Your wife and I have something in common, that is my favorite Tru-stone also.

Brooks803

thanks everyone! I appreciate all the wonderful comments. Peter, I always love reading your posts, they are always beautifully written. Whenever I show people either my pens or my blanks they can never believe what they came from. Before I turned these I took a quick pic with my cell to show yall the raw blanks. Btw: keep an eye out for the two between the white/blue/green and clemson blanks. Those are a couple suspended animation blanks I'm waiting for the paint to set up.
040911095524.jpg

Last edited:

Brooks803

Thanks Robin. I'm hoping to make the next meeting so hopefully you'll get some time to turn a couple of those blanks you got off me :wink: Or maybe you'll be too busy preparing for a fabric casting demo....:biggrin:

omb76

WOW Jonathon!! That Zen is amazing!! You've totally inspired me to get in the workshop this weekend and try out some more of the blanks that I got from you at the last chapter meeting. Well done!

Brooks803

WOW Jonathon!! That Zen is amazing!! You've totally inspired me to get in the workshop this weekend and try out some more of the blanks that I got from you at the last chapter meeting. Well done!

Thanks David! I can't wait to see how they come out. If I remember right you took home many of my favs! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for your work.

Top Bottom