A couple more Stonite pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneis

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

I worked late last night and came up with a couple nice looking pens. The first is a black imitation horn Churchill.

2005111017235_DSCN5320B.jpg

The next is an imitation coral stone Emperor.

20051110172534_DSCN5323R.jpg

And another imitation stoneite Emperor, I think that this is called the Briar stone.

20051110172924_DSCN5326emperorbrown.jpg

Thanks for looking and if you haven't tried this stuff you should. I would say that it may be for the more experenced turners though. With care and sharp tools anyone can turn it and I have picked up a few pointers if anyone is interested just send me an email.

Wayne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Wayne, Beautiful pens! I really like the color of the first one. I may have to get some of that material. I'll bet the Briar Stone would look great with a gold kit as well.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Wayne,

I also turned that Briar Stone, and got very similar results-I like the look and turning it was not as much of a challenge as some of the other alternate stones.

There must be a kit that would really set this off-any ideas from anyone??? It is a "dark carmel" color with quite a bit of "grain". Thoughts???

wayneis

Ed I had planned on using a titanium gentlemans kit and I think that would make a nice looking pen, also the 22K Emperor would be nice. My problem with choosing kits is that the blanks are so large that I hate to waste it by turning a real small pen and its kind of a PITA to turn any more than we have to so I tend to stick to the larger kits for these.

As far as turning goes I also found it a bit easier to turn than some of the others. Its all fun though. I only have I believe two more to turn and I will have turned at one pen from every blank. Oh by the way, I think that I like the Black/White horn the best. Also on this one I painted the hole where I didn't on the Black/Grey and there is a larger difference.

Wayne

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wayneis
<br /> My problem with choosing kits is that the blanks are so large that I hate to waste it by turning a real small pen and its kind of a PITA to turn any more than we have to so I tend to stick to the larger kits for these.

Wayne

I'm so glad you said this!!! I thought I was LAZY, look at that big blank and say, "HHHMMMMMmmm, looks like a half inch hole is required!!"

BTW, I forgot to say, great pens (but you know that was an oversight!!)

Alan, the material is available from Tangboy.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very nicely done.... I am really liking this material... but I have not seen the black horn... only the natural brown horn... where did you get that one...

Randy_

Wayne: I like what you have done with that Churchill kit. I've seen pictures before but don't have one. Does the cap post on the pen barrel when the pen is in use....it does not appear to??

wayneis

Randy yes the cap will post, it is a press on, no threads.

Wayne

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />Wayne: I like what you have done with that Churchill kit. I've seen pictures before but don't have one. Does the cap post on the pen barrel when the pen is in use....it does not appear to??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom