a couple more slims, a cigar, and a Ski-Doo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from phil

phil

The two burls are gifts for my dads boss and his wife. He says they are very outdoorsy (i think its a word) and this is what i came up with for them. I hated to put that afzelia burl on the slim, but thats what he says she would like. Too bad too, you should have seen the figure it would have had in a cigar! The cigar is a gunmetal with a buckeye burl. first time ive used this wood, and i was plesently surprised by the sunburst on the upper barrel.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

the next one is a reproduction of the pen my brother in law designed. aparently its a pretty popular one with the guys around here, cause ive gotten a few orders for em. i think im gonna call it the G6. just a thought. anyhow, this one is a little better. i collored both tubes with a black sharpie, and refined the shape a little.

IMG_0154.jpg

the last one is a Christmas gift for my father in law. hes a diehard snomobile guy and is emfatuated by his ski-doo rev. he had asked for me to look for a black and yellow pen blank for him, and this is what i came up with. Blank and black chrome sierra click is from Bear Tooth Woods. First time ive dealt with them, and im definately going back. i wanted to do a black background, and all we had in the house that was black was a garbage bag. not sure if i like the shot, but out of seven pictures taken, this was the best.

IMG_0185.jpg

comments and criticisms welcome, but thanks for looking either way!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Phil, All Beautiful Pens!!! Love the burl woods you used. My favorite is the G6..very creative!! Thank you for showing! Regards, Doc

phil

Thanks Doc, hey would you mind sending up some of that warm weather you all got down there! woke up to 8 degrees this morning...

ctubbs

Fine work. It is always a joy to view the work of a craftsman. It is more fun to watch it happen, but when that is not available, then his work must suffice. Great job.
Charles

phil

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

Fine work. It is always a joy to view the work of a craftsman. It is more fun to watch it happen, but when that is not available, then his work must suffice. Great job.
Charles

Ive been told before the mark of a true craftsman is one who can work through and hide his mistakes. if thats the case, then i guess i fit the bill! i certainly make enough of them :rolleyes: :biggrin: Thanks!

djwood1

All of them look sharp, nice work. I kinda like the garbage bag background! It gives some......struggling for the word, but like design or contrast to the background. Not just plain, flat background. Hope that made sense!

Top Bottom