Couple more from last night

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan

I keep trying new stuff with taken pics but I think I need a new camera to take pics like the rest of you guys. Comments welcome.

Nolan

20065152437_DSCF0007.jpg

20065152514_DSCF0006.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

The pens look good, although I'm not a big fan of coves and beads. I think the photos are close. Post how you're doing it in the photo forum and I bet you can escape buying a new camera.

Nolan

Good idea gerry I think I will do that soon as I get some time. Would much rather spend money on wood /kits LOL.

Nolan

Nolan

Angboy,

Top is BOW and the bottom is that Dymondwood. I dont personally like the Dymondwood blanks but I sell them as fast as I can stand turning and putting them together. The people just love them. No kidding my wife ordered 3 of every color they make and I only got about 6 left. My wife is the sales girl she sells them like mad.[:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nolan,

I would be THRILLED if my pics turned out like that-might even post some once in a while!!!

I agree on diamondwood-mine also sell and I also avoid turning the stuff!

Olivewood is really nice, diamondwood LOOKS uncomfortable-but if it sells, who cares what I think!!!!

GBusardo

Great looking pens! I dont think the photography is too bad either, Better than my shots! Did the BOW give you any trouble with the swirly grain near the nib? Thats where I seem to have the most trouble, where the grain changes direction like that.
Gary

Nolan

Ed,
The dymondwood is actually comfortable cuz your finger rsts in the cove. I dont care for shape and such its just that I found early on that what I like isnt what most people want to spend there money on. So I build pens to sell and try to keep the variety up.

Jim,

Yah had to go pretty slow there cuz there is actually a small knot just out of the pic. Ca finish and some elbow grease and it just looks unique.

Thanks all for the comments and I guess I may have to stop being quite so hard on my pics.

Nolan

wags54

Nolan nice pens I like them both. I agree with you what I turn sometimes isn't something I would want myself but being in the service industry I say whatever the customer wants sell it to em!

challagan

I like them very much. I am sure the coves and beads aren't for everyone, but they look good on these pens. If my photos looked that good i would be very happy. Nice job all around!

Corey

Nice looking pens....I too, am not a fan of coves, but the craftsmanship is very good.
Perhaps taking your photos on a sunny day(but not in direct sunlight), either outside or near a window, that reallly made a difference for me. Also I like the white background idea, but nix the binder and use a sheet of white paper, hold it above the pen and that will eliminate the dark streaks, especially on the metal parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom