A Couple of More Feminine Antler Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

My knife customer(see "Beauty" and "The Beast") wanted a pen for the female members of the family that got the knives, made from the same set of antlers as the knife handles. These are my versions of a more feminine camo/antler pen. Both are CSUSA Gold-Titanium slimlines. The antler has 8-10 coats of CA then MM to 12000 with a finale coat of Renwax on both the antler and the camo.

The left one is PSI "Passion Camo", the right one "Vixen Camo".
MattAntlrSlms (5).jpg

Packed and ready for delivery in time for Christmas.
MattAntlrSlms (6).jpg

All comments appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Very nice. 'Shoot A Mile' who wouldn't want one of those. Slim, easy to write with and easy to change the ink.

JD Combs Sr

Very nice. 'Shoot A Mile' who wouldn't want one of those. Slim, easy to write with and easy to change the ink.
Thanks John, the customer was extra happy with them. He is gifting them to friends of his family and they live an hour and a half away so the final customers will not have them for a few days. Hoping the women are as happy about them as my direct customer was.:)

Last edited:

stuckinohio

Looks good.

I like the idea of combining antler and other materials on a pen. Never thought about it. Toyed with the idea segmenting antler, but not two separate materials.

stuckinohio

BTW, That rebar pen you have on your website is fantastic! Do you simply turn the rebar on the lathe and cut a small amount of the "twist" off, resulting in the shiny spiral around the pen?

Really neat.

JD Combs Sr

Looks good.
I like the idea of combining antler and other materials on a pen. Never thought about it. Toyed with the idea segmenting antler, but not two separate materials.
BTW, That rebar pen you have on your website is fantastic! Do you simply turn the rebar on the lathe and cut a small amount of the "twist" off, resulting in the shiny spiral around the pen?
Really neat.
Thanks Lewis, the two contrasting pieces did just what I was hoping for, I was able to use Antler and give it a feminine touch.

You are correct on the rebar, I drilled and turned it on a metal lathe. The turning was just enough to get the rebar nubs down to new metal then I polished them up to about 1500 grit and then renwaxed the whole thing. I want to make some more but I can't find the same style of rebar, ie. with the alternating direction nubs giving it a criss/cross look. On most rebar the nubs are parallel to each other and I don't think it looks as cool.

Top Bottom