a couple more euros

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

Got busy in the shop today and turned a couple of euros. Amboyna w/ blk/ti hardware ca/blo to 12k mm. and an antler the same way only with a decal. As usual all comments good and bad welcome. I need a little critique on the pics please. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC07479.jpg
    DSC07479.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC07481.jpg
    DSC07481.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC07452.JPG
    DSC07452.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC07454.JPG
    DSC07454.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Looks good Alex. I make a lot of antler euros where I try and leave a natural bark surface. Ive tossed around the idea of having images engraved on them but never took it that far yet. Your decal looks good. Nice work!

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Got busy in the shop today and turned a couple of euros. Amboyna w/ blk/ti hardware ca/blo to 12k mm. and an antler the same way only with a decal. As usual all comments good and bad welcome.
I need a little critique on the pics please.
Hi Alex; A little critique on the pics from my perspective of being a very very amateur pen photographer. I like the poses of the pens. I don't like them sitting on the mirror. My eyes become distracted when trying to get a good look at the pens. In my humble opinion, if the pens were posed on a blank white paper or the like, I think they would show better and that would solve the darkness problem mentioned by "Butch".

Alex; Are they the 7mm or 8 mm Euros?

Last edited:

woody350ep

Those are VERY nice. I have yet to turn a euro, but would certainly like to some day. I guess I kinda skipped over them in my progression of things....

el_d

Really nice Alex, like the decal.

Not too big on the whole reflection off the mirror look but my pics need work too. I like Curtis' black plexi look, cant find it though.....

altaciii

Alex; Are they the 7mm or 8 mm Euros?

Mack, they are 7mm from Ernie at beartooth woods. I've never tried the 8mm It seems to be just a little big.

Really nice Alex, like the decal.

Not too big on the whole reflection off the mirror look but my pics need work too. I like Curtis' black plexi look, cant find it though.....

Lupe, Ihave a piece of plexi painted the back side in glossy black but the pens dont come out as pretty on the material as they do on the mirror. Maybe I need more light for those poses.

jttheclockman

Alex

Nice work on both of them. I like the decal on the antler. Can you tell us how you did that and what top coat you applied??? I am just about to get into decal work and trying to absorb all the info I can. Thanks.

I too am not a fan of the mirror thing. I also like Curtis' photos with the black plexi. I am looking for some of this right now.

toolcrazy

Very nice pair of pens.

Pics are a bit dark, but a good image editor can take care of that. I don't like the mirror effect, either, too distracting.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I've seen a few try the mirror effect in their photography. I usually find it terribly distracting. But, though your pictures a a tad dark, the use of that piece of (?bark?) breaks up the mirrrored effect enough to highlight the pens. IMHO

Great workmanship. I don't know much about decals. But that one looks nice.

Top Bottom