A couple modified Slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sefali

sefali

Here's a couple modified olivewood slimlines. One's dressed in black, and the other gunmetal. Finished with BLO/CA. Thanks to davinci27 for the idea a long time ago.

All comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated.
Thanks for looking,
Sef
SNV32653.jpg

SNV32654.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kirkfranks

Sef,
Both are very nice designs.
I prefer the shape of the second one for myself.

Which end do you need to turn to extend the pen? The nib end or the clip end?

sefali

Thanks Kirk. The second is definitely more comfortable, but there's something about the delicacy of the first that appeals to me. Usualy, I very much prefer larger pens, so go figure.

Nancy,
The front tube is not glued in place, only pressed onto the nib. You just twist and pull. The transmision is pressed into the front tube, and gripped by the rear tube, so it all stays together until you pull it apart.

Give this a look: http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40692

ngeb528

Thanks, Yussef. I'm going to give that a try. It's a nice look and something different than a standard slim.

sefali

Excellent job. I think both have nice shape. Did you file the ridges on the transmission down any?

LOL. Really didn't have a choice. I was really amazed at the grip strength needed to pull the pen apart. Thanks for the slimline ideas. The single barrel makes for some rather elegant possibities on the cheap.
Much thanks for the kind words. You know it's a bit of a boost, when the giver of an idea approves of what you've done with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom