A Couple made Today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from adirondak5

adirondak5

Here's a Tiny Giant with a birdseye & cherry burl barrel with a padauk strip in between

DjzcLf7.jpg

roWP6m0.jpg

k8ZUokJ.jpg

And here is a Celtic Twist with stabilized spalted maple

ecjM2VL.jpg

FmoX8u3.jpg

OQ8nOQ1.jpg

Both are finished with sealer , friction polish , and carnuba wax

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Terrific Pens Herb
Excellent Choice of materials on the Segmented Pen, and Glorious Spalted Maple on the Celtic.
Great Fit and Superb Finish.
Well Done,
Brian.

lhowell

I've never seen that tiny giant kit! That is pretty cool looking! Both pens look awesome! I'm a sucker for Celtic pens!

adirondak5

Both look great!

Thanks Billy , appreciate that .

Terrific Pens Herb
Excellent Choice of materials on the Segmented Pen, and Glorious Spalted Maple on the Celtic.
Great Fit and Superb Finish.
Well Done,
Brian.

Thank you Brian . The segmented Tiny Giant blank was scrap box pickings .
The spalted maple blank was even a beauty before I turned it , I wasn't sure if the spalt lines were through the blank but they actually intensified as I turned the blank .

I've never seen that tiny giant kit! That is pretty cool looking! Both pens look awesome! I'm a sucker for Celtic pens!

Thank you Lee . Yes , the Tiny Giant is a cool little pen , I got it from turners warehouse

https://www.turnerswarehouse.com/

They are out of stock right now but I pm'd Chad on his Facebook page and he said he'll have them back in stock shortly . I really like them .
The Celtic Twist , I've had that kit for a while sitting around , I wasn't sure if I would like it or not , I thought it might be to garish for my taste . Surprisingly to me it isn't , there is just enough there with the hardware to be classy and elegant , and a big pallet to show off a nice piece of wood . I'll be turning more Celtics for sure .

Top Bottom