A couple M3 cambridges

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wjskip

wjskip

This stuff is harder than I thought it would be on my tools. The problem may be the way I sharpen my tools but I could only get
one maybe two clean cut passes. I used a rasp to get the blanks close then shifted to a skew. Sanded to 400 polished with never dull
sealed with Mothers sealer and glaze. Not sure that the final product is any better looking than a nicely figured wood. Just an opinion and you know what they say about them.
20082301727_20080202_02.jpg

2008230180_20080202_03.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmanruss

Really like the mokune-gane pen, not so sure about the damascus. Anybody else having the same problem with sharpness when turning this? I'm resisting buying these blanks for now, but we all know resistance is futile....

MHKogan

Great hardware choices paired with magnificent M3 pen blanks make these very special writing instruments. As good as these pens look, they can look even better.

Try sanding to between 800 and 3600 grit. Then brighten with 0000 steel wool and finish with a metal polish. In our shop we use Nuvite C and S and then seal with MetalArmor. The Nuvite C is an abrasive pre-polish that will immediately increase the contrast between the different metals and adds the "POP". The "S" and the sealer finish with an unbelievable luster, shine and luxury feel. Try the "C" and the "S" twice for that added touch that closes the sale.

Our R&D team has been turning M3 composite using carbide tipped chisels with great success. We definitely recommend that your tools be sharp and your speed slow until you have knocked off the corners.

Visit our website http://www.MetalPenBlanks.com for additional finishing information and technical collaboration. If you send us images of your best M3 pens; we will add them to our online gallery along with a link back to your sales site.

Beautiful work,
Mike

Top Bottom