A couple of kitless click pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

These are a couple of kitless click pens I made with click mechanisms bought from Richard Greenwald (penmaker56) .
The first is a Cap click pen made from green crushed velvet . I like the basic design and the click mechanism works good but is a little rough at times , I'm hoping it will improve with time .

1_greencapclick.jpg

The second is a Finial click pen made with blue dyed curly hickory . This is the nicest click mechanism I have ever used , it is as smooth as silk . The only problem with it is the size , it's sized for a slimline type pen but I'm working on that problem so I'll be using more of these in the future .

1_bluefinialclick.jpg

As always , comments are welcome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
They both look good to me Butch. I lean towards the green one. Nice work on both,

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . In some ways I like the cap click the best , I love the crushed velvet and wish that the photos would show the depth they have , but the finial click is just sooooo smooth in operation .
The finial click pen didn't want to be , after blowing up two acrylic blanks trying to make this pen I finally used this piece of the hickory I got as a freebie . The wall thickness on this pen is verrrry thin , thinner then a B2B slimline and the acrylics just couldn't take it , so I used the hickory incase it blew up again it wouldn't cost me any more good blanks .
I'm going to make some stainless finial caps to put this click mechanism into so I can make bigger pens with them .

Top Bottom