A couple that I resently finished

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Indiana_Parrothead

I don't post too many pens here, not because I haven't been making any, but becasue my photo skills need a lot of work. But I thought that I would go ahead and post these two. Both are watch parts on carbon fiber. The first is a Britling watch face on a Rhodium and Gold postable Jr Statesman. The second is a dial off a Chevy watch. The dial is supposed to look like the dashboard of a 57 Chevy. It is on a Gold TI Jr Gent. Both are rollerball.

Thanks for looking
Mike

Attachments

• both.jpg
    both.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Britling.jpg
    Britling.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 157
  • chevy.jpg
    chevy.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oh WOW! Those look great!

The blanks are wonderful and fit really well with the high end kits. A great job!

Alumilite or Poly Resin?

PS: I gave my friend my pen/your blank while asking..."Do you know where your Rolex is...?" He looked at the pen and his eyes got VERY WIDE.

Took about 30 seconds and a gallon of sweat before he figured out the joke. ...I've received two e-mails how he loves the color shift in your blank! Well done.

Mark

The blanks are wonderful and fit really well with the high end kits. A great job!

Alumilite or Poly Resin?

PS: I gave my friend my pen/your blank while asking..."Do you know where your Rolex is...?" He looked at the pen and his eyes got VERY WIDE.

Took about 30 seconds and a gallon of sweat before he figured out the joke. ...I've received two e-mails how he loves the color shift in your blank! Well done.

Mark

I am glad you are statisfied with the blanks you got Mark, the color shift is pretty subtle but it is there in bright light.

The resin is epoxy, just like the one's that you got. Did you finish the second one yet?

Mike

Bean_Counter

Mike those are excellent... I still haven't mustered up the courage to turn mine yet but will as soon as we get moved. You really do make sme fantastic blanks

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Alumilite or Poly Resin?

Mark

I am glad you are statisfied with the blanks you got Mark, the color shift is pretty subtle but it is there in bright light.

The resin is epoxy, just like the one's that you got. Did you finish the second one yet?

Mike

Nope... It's burning ahole in the cabinet! :eek:

OK, epoxy? Like west products? So no Poly Resin or Alumilite? It turned really easily!

Alumilite or Poly Resin?

Mark

Mike

Nope... It's burning ahole in the cabinet! :eek:

OK, epoxy? Like west products? So no Poly Resin or Alumilite? It turned really easily!

Yes, it is West Systems 105 Resin and 207 Hardener.

elkhorn

Wow! Fantastic job on the blanks and the fit and finish of the completed pen!!

Mike, you make great watch part pen blanks - these are both great examples. If my son sees the Chevy one I know what he'll be asking for next..

OZturner

Great Pens Mike,
Excellent choice of Watch Dials, they could be a scarce as Hen's Teeth.
Superb component placement, Fit and Finish.
Terrific Work,
Brian.

OZturner

i dont want to sound like a noob but
can i buy watch blanks for turning
if so WHERE

Hi ttm7

You may not get watch dials of the high end brand Watches, but have a try on ebay, there is a supplier from the UK, whose name I think is Red Rooster, just working from memory,
Regards,
Brian.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
i dont want to sound like a noob but
can i buy watch blanks for turning
if so WHERE

Not to promote the obvious... But I bought 2 from "Indiana_Parrothead."

Turned one for a friend - came out excellent! The second is for my brother... when I get caught up!

The blanks are great!

Top Bottom