Couple I did this weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from micah

Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

Trying to finish up a few pens this weekend. I had an upscale gift store here in town contact me last week and said they had seen one of my pens and wanted me to bring some samples over tomorrow.
Comments and constructive critizism is always welcome!:D
First off is a Chrome Acrylic Baron.
dsc011999pa.jpg

dsc012011sc.jpg

Second is a Locust European 10K.
dsc011979vw.jpg

Micah[8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

WOW! Lovely pens, I like the acrylic beast too, however, the rings and shape on the European make it look a lot more interesting than normal.![:p][:p]

gerryr

The acrylic is a winner. The Euro has an interesting shape, but somehow the finial looks out of place. I think a matching wood finial would be better.

Dario

Both are winners but the acrylic (and I am a wood person) is just wonderful!!!

Okay, I need to know what acrylic this is and where you got it from,,,can you please share?

Thanks!

LanceD

Looks like Caribbean Swirl from CSUSA. Also it looks like the tube is showing through on the lower barrel. Painting the tube blue would have eliminated the bleed through. Other than that I think they came out real good.

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Both are winners but the acrylic (and I am a wood person) is just wonderful!!!

Okay, I need to know what acrylic this is and where you got it from,,,can you please share?

Thanks!

Dario

Thanks guys.

WOW...LOML actually is the one who want it...she said it reminds her of Nassau, Bahamas. Caribbean Swirl is a fitting name for it!!!

bloggstein

That's some really neat looking acrylic. I've never tried it before, but that's catchy enough I might have to order a blank to try. Great job on the pens, the form on the wooden one is unique and very nice looking.

micah

Thanks for all the comments everyone![:)]
Yep, acrylic is the Caribbean Swirl from CSUSA. I am sure glad I bought an extra as well, everyone that I showed it to loved it!
Also it looks like the tube is showing through on the lower barrel.
Your right LanceD, although for some reason the flash on the photo greatly exagerated it. Even with with a bright light on, unless your really looking for it, it is very hard to see. I also did use a marker to cover the tube with, it just wasn't that great of a quality marker. I will definantly pay more attention next time.
Nice work, Micah. You been taking lessons from Ed?
Ed's my hero.[;)]

Good news about the meeting today also! The owner of the store picked out 8 of my pens that she wanted (including the 2 posted) and payed upfront for them all, as well as a display. Hot Diggidy!!![:D] She also made it seem like she will easily keep me busy at it!!!

Thanks to everybody!!!
Micah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom