Couple Green pine cone pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crabcreekind

crabcreekind

So these are both made from my green pine cone blanks.

The first is a Virage chrome kit. I reverse painted it green. Ca finish. Didnt run into any problems with this blank. No holes or anything.

The second is a chrome postable atrax fountain. Ca finish. I ran into some pocket that were inside of the cone, but they were filled with sanding dust then ca finished over. Pretty easy turn.

Attachments

• 100_8984.jpg
    100_8984.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 430
  • 100_8988.jpg
    100_8988.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 320
  • 100_8986.jpg
    100_8986.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 259
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I like how you used the solid resin look leading into the resin/cone, and then back to almost solid resin again....I'm going out on a limb here(cause that's where pine cones live of course), but this is a single color pour correct?

Would love to see the same size cone with this green resin mixed with a nice silver or rustic gold swirl to it:wink:

It's always a big 'bonus' when there are no air bubbles to deal with while turning, everything came out perfect for ya!!! Way to go!!!

Scott (fit-n-finish are great) B

crabcreekind

I like how you used the solid resin look leading into the resin/cone, and then back to almost solid resin again....I'm going out on a limb here(cause that's where pine cones live of course), but this is a single color pour correct?

Would love to see the same size cone with this green resin mixed with a nice silver or rustic gold swirl to it:wink:

It's always a big 'bonus' when there are no air bubbles to deal with while turning, everything came out perfect for ya!!! Way to go!!!

Scott (fit-n-finish are great) B

Yea it is a single color pour with a liquid dye and a metallic powder added. I have been making some multi colored blanks. with green and gold and black and gold and they have been coming out really well.

Janster

The first is a Virage chrome kit. I reverse painted it green. Ca finish. Didnt run into any problems with this blank. No holes or anything.

The second is a chrome postable atrax fountain. Ca finish. I ran into some pocket that were inside of the cone, but they were filled with sanding dust then ca finished over. Pretty easy turn.

Nice work on the pens. So, Green as in not developed, or Green as in color? Thanks and be well...Jan

crabcreekind

Nice work on the pens. So, Green as in not developed, or Green as in color? Thanks and be well...Jan

Green as in color. If they were green as in "wet" the resin would bubble and looking pretty nasty.

Top Bottom