A Couple of Gentlemen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from igran7

igran7

I couldn't sleep last night, and had the urge to turn. I guess there are worse things to be addicted to:)

2008229203652_BB4.jpg

CURLY ANIGRE CLOSED-END CA/BLO FINISH

2008229203714_BB1.jpg

COCOBOLO CLOSED-END CA/BLO FINISH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

Nice job Joe. Staying up late paid off, I'd say.

Two great looking pens, hard to choose between them, but the Cocobolo has some very unique grain features near the closed end.

Thanks for sharing your pens with us.

igran7

Originally posted by ligget

I love the shapes, normally closed ends look over long, but these look excellent and more compact.

Beautiful pens![:p][:p]

Thanks Mark.:D They are exactly the same size as a regular Gentlemen's pen when assembled. The "over long" look usually occures when making the smaller Baron or Jr. Gent style because the bottom barrel has to be drilled 2 7/8" deep to allow for the fountain mechanism or rollerball refill, which makes it out of proportion to the smaller upper barrel.

JohnU

Originally posted by wjskip

very nice i like the cocobolo because of the rich color - reminds me of money
Me too, only the money I spent to buy cocobolo wood! ($28 a board foot!) [:0] Nice Pens!

J

jackrichington

vERY NICE I'm new to computers and forums..could someone explain BLO as it appears to be a finishing thingy????

igran7

Originally posted by jackrichington

vERY NICE I'm new to computers and forums..could someone explain BLO as it appears to be a finishing thingy????

BLO is short for Boiled Linseed Oil. I use it after dry sanding and just before applying the C.A. glue (superglue) finish.

Top Bottom