A couple of FPs today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Getting my inventory together... filling in what I am low on.. Did these Jr Gent & Baron FPs this morning....
Black TN Baron in Cumberland Rod pipe material.. real sweet to finish but talk about constantly cleaning the cutting area... LOL.. threads of material all over the place sticking to everything..
2005417211622_CumberlandBaron.jpg

Platinum Jr Gent in Lt Tan pipe material... tubes painted white because this stuff is almost transparent.. cuts real nice and polishes well also... This is SWHTM favorite...
200541721182_PearlJrGent.jpg

Platinum Jr Gent in Burgundy pipe material ... tubes left brassy.. Color is kind of a black cherry soda with dusty pink luminescence glowing in it...
2005417212040_LavaJrGent2.jpg

Did a couple of others in woods you have already seen me post... been a busy day... got a lot done and still need to get more done.. LOL...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Really beautiful pens Old Griz ! The photos are incredible. I would ask how you get such great pictures but I probably would not understand the answer!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Johnny, I expect to start off the market with about 120 pens and 30 perfume applicators... I have 10 weeks at the market.. I start 23APR to the last Sat in June.... every Saturday morning... That number includes a bunch of slimlines I did not sell over Christmas and in reality don't expect to sell now either.. LOL.. for some reason slimlines do not do as well for me as my higher priced pens...
Whatever is left will be photographed and sold on my website...

Thumbs

Like'em all but that white/tan one has a sheer elegance! Woof! Just keep trying to make me eat all those photographic reservations I had aren't you!

Mmmm,mmm, Good!

PenWorks

Good looking pen sTom, that burgandy material is real nice. How did you like the burnt rubber smell? That stuff wraps around the mandrel real good.

Leather Man

As I have said before Tom, You are the one to emulate. These are great pens. I would like to know what pipe material is. The only pipe material I know about is galvanized.
Ben

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I tried that Ben, but it kept dulling my tools and the pens were way too heavy for normal use...LOL..
Tony turned me on to this material.. he got it from a place not too far from him.. fortunately they do mail order.. but the pictures of the raw material are horrible (lousy website)... here is the link... for a better idea of what the material looks like finished go to the second link..
http://www.pipemakers.org/rods01.html
http://www.pipemakers.org/lucite_colors.htm
One thing I did learn is that this stuff is pretty translucent... I have a tortoise shell set up on tubes, but an probably going to just waste it.. I can already see the tubes through the material.. so I figure they are really going to show up when turned... On the light tan, I knew (From Tony's experience) that the tubes needed to be painted... The Burgundy did not need painted tubes... but I think I am going to paint the tubes on all pens I make from this material just as a matter of course in case they are more translucent than it looks full size... The material turns and finishes real nice.... I turn to size then sand very lightly with 400 and 600 grit then use automotive rubbing compound, clean with water and then automotive polishing compound, clean again then Hut Plastic Polish.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Old Griz,

You probably already know this, but materials that wrap around the mandrel can be rapidly removed by using a wire brush. Keep the lathe running, touch the wrappings with the brush, stuff comes off and you can see what you are turning again. It is faster than any other way I have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom