Couple of Fountain Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Classic-Brown-Baron-1.jpg

Classsic-Brown-Baron-2.jpg

A Baron dressed out in a beautiful material from Exoticblanks.com this was a limited material called classic brown, there was an interesting story behind it, the material was made for a well known pen maker who angered the material manufacturers so Ed and Dawn grabbed all they could I was fortunate enough to get one blank, I wish I'd gotten more.

Diny-Bone-El-Grande-1.jpg

Diny-Bone-El-Grande-2.jpg

This is for my future son in law, a Platinum El Grande, from Ernie at Bear tooth Woods, dressed up in some Dinosaur bone Tru Stone from Rand Crafts,
Both pens sanded to 600 with Abranet then with Micromesh up to 12000, (yes I finally joined the modern edge of sanding technology) and finished with a coat of renwax.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Whew...great looking pens Ken! That's one cool blank that second one. People in Kentucky even know what a fountain pen is? I'm afraid someone will mount that El Grande into their crossbow and go deer hunting!:wink:

truittsosebee

People in Kentucky even know what a fountain pen is? I'm afraid someone will mount that El Grande into their crossbow and go deer hunting!

Now THAT'S funny.

bitshird

Whew...great looking pens Ken! That's one cool blank that second one. People in Kentucky even know what a fountain pen is? I'm afraid someone will mount that El Grande into their crossbow and go deer hunting!:wink:

Jeff this kid is almost too smart or possibly lazy to hunt any thing, he hasn't even tried hunting a job. He does take care of my daughter, who at the moment is the soul support for them, the pen even write well, I had a terrible time getting the nib to feed, besides he bought the kit, and is going to pay me for the blank,(if he ever gets a job) besides we ain't in Kentucky we's in Tenuhsee

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Ken , I wish I could comment on the pens , but suddenly all I can see are the little red x's . I'll try again later .

There , they just popped up . Must be the giant photos . All beautiful pens Ken ! Nice work .

workinforwood

Too lazy to hunt for a job... You sure she's not marrying my kid??? You're a good man Ken! I like these new photo's you've been coming out with too, they're nice and clean. Good luck with the new son in law.

Rollerbob

Ken, didn't know you were a turner! Always nice to see some different materials being used. Very nice. Oh, good luck with the new SNL!!

bitshird

Ken, didn't know you were a turner! Always nice to see some different materials being used. Very nice. Oh, good luck with the new SNL!!

Bob I nearly forgot how to make a pen:confused:Now I remember what all those tools I've made are for :wink: I think SIL is the one that need the luck. at east now I have some one to cut the stainless to length with out wasting electricity :biggrin:l

bitshird

Beautiful! I like the El Grande material. Very unusual.
Thanks sue, it's pretty nice to cut, and it was either make him a pen or kick his butt, so to keep peace I chose making him a pen, but he owes me 9.00 for the blank !!

Wow! Both look terrific but I especially like the El Grande, too.

Bruce the top blank should have gone on a Jr. Statesman but I didn't have one I wish Ed or Dawn would chime in on the guy the material was made for, it is so cool it looks like real tortoise shell, The Dinosaur bone is really neat, I have done some segments with the pink material and Osage Orange, just never posted any pictures, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be, just have to use the right tool, Heh Heh.

Top Bottom