A couple fountain pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Here are a couple pens I finished up this past weekend:
The first is made from transparent lilac acrylic, with Conway Stewart "azure" acrylic accents. It has a nickel silver clip, and uses a really nice Visconti 14k gold nib.

The second was a "fun" type of project--mostly to try using this material. It's one of the orange Juma snake skin blanks. This pen is one of my sculpted designs, and has a bronze clip. It uses a standard Jowo #6 nib.

thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSC_0939.jpg
    DSC_0939.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC_0942.jpg
    DSC_0942.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC_0943.jpg
    DSC_0943.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_0947.jpg
    DSC_0947.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0948.jpg
    DSC_0948.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 188
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

haskoson

John, they are really beautiful!!
I like the big threads on these pens and your sculpted design.
The snakeskin JUMA is really an eyecatcher. I have never seen it in pen form, even though i´ve got some of this material in the shop, but never got the time to turn it. Nice nice.
As always beautiful work!

Gerrit de Boer

HASKOSON Schreibgeräte Manufaktur

Outstanding work! I really like the shape of the second one, but the colors of the first are beautiful. I'm a sucker for transparent/translucent pens, I'm sure getting the inside sanded and finished is quite a task.

magpens

Gorgeous work, John !!!! . Both are extremely well done and very pleasing to look at.

I love the shape you put on the Juma. . The threads on both are really eye-catching.

I love the first one too ... it even looks like there is some internal shaping on the cap. . Is there ? . Could just be the light/shadows.

Last edited:

OZturner

Magnificent Pens, John,
Excellent Profiles, and Proportions
Love the Transparent Pen, and the Crystal Clear Internal and External Finishes Achieved.
The Orange Juma Snake Skin, is a Glorious Pen, Love the Shaped Blanks, I couldn't determine how many Lobes that you have Sculpted.
But Doesn't Matter It is Just Outstanding.
The Orange Juma Snake Skin Blanks are Incredible, I haven't seen anything like them.
Thank you for Showing.
And Congratulations on Your Outstanding Craftsmanship.
Brian.

jalbert

Gorgeous work, John !!!! . Both are extremely well done and very pleasing to look at.

I love the shape you put on the Juma. . The threads on both are really eye-catching.

I love the first one too ... it even looks like there is some internal shaping on the cap. . Is there ? . Could just be the light/shadows.

Thanks! The diameter where the internal shoulder is inside the cap was enlarged to make the pen postable.

Top Bottom