a couple of firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkHix

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkHix

These are my first Wallstreet II's. Bocote w/ CA and WC acrylic. The acrylic was supposed to be maroon/black. It looks more red. Neither fit is perfect. Tell me what else needs work. The good news: thanks to all the help from everyone last weekend, I drilled the blank without a blow out at the end.:) My CA finish is getting better and better.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Mark,
Originally posted by MarkHix... Tell me what else needs work...
Overall the work is good. One thing I noticed: on the cap end of the bocote, there's a dark ring. It's probably the case that near the bushing you're not getting an even amount of pressure when sanding. DAMHIKT [;)]
If I'm having the same problem on one of my pens, I stop the lathe, loosen the nut on the mandrel and back the bushing off so I can lightly hand sand that part. That's one way to take care of it.
Finishing between centers is likely to be even better.
Hope that's useful.

MarkHix

Thanks for the tip Gary, I will give finishing between centers a try. It seems to be the answer to alot of questions here. I still have a long way to to to get to the Wow! stage and everything you and several others have suggested has really helped. I appreciate it alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom