A Couple of Firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sandsini

Sandsini

This is the first pen I have made in Desert Ironwood. I received the wood as a freebee with an order for some Cebloplast I placed online with a first time vendor, and decided to try it out on this Duke kit. The Duke is a first for me as well and is in black and gold Ti.

Overall I enjoyed working with the Ironwood and the Duke kit went together very well and looks great in person. Double cap threads make the alignment of grain easier than the usual triples.

Cheers,

Attachments

• DSC00543.jpg
    DSC00543.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC00546.jpg
    DSC00546.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC00542.jpg
    DSC00542.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Great job on the DI! I like the pen too. The finial rings help disguise the posting threads. Looks to be a nice classic design and well made from what I see here.
Does it have a nylon/plastic threaded insert in the cap or metal threads there?

Sandsini

Charlie,
It has the typical nylon insert and regular assembly of a Jr Gent, etc. 10.5 and 12.5 tubes. The pen appears to be high quality and is made by Dayacom. The double start threads are smooth and the cap is rattle free.

I like the square shouldered finial and the clean line style without much filigree. I just wish it could be had in Rhodium. I'm not a big fan of the black Ti even though I know it is extremely hard wearing. That being said, I think the pen looks great and if my customers like it, I will buy more of them.

Top Bottom