A couple of firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LJPJ

LJPJ

There are several firsts here for me. This is the first fountain and roller ball I have made. They are both Virage's from Beartooth Woods. This is also my first time posting any of my pens. I am working on my photos. I finally made a photo box and am trying to figure all of this out. Thanks for looking and all C&C welcome.

Lance

Attachments

• IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    323.5 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Lance,
When I first glanced at the thumbnail pics, it appeared that that you were dissecting something on the tray with the pen!:eek::biggrin:

When I click the pic and then enlarge it, both pens seem to be extremely well made! Nice job on these "firsts"!

One suggestion if I may... I feel the tray detracts from the pens and the pens appear small and hard to see. Perhaps a less busy background will help your pens to take center stage.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

LJPJ

LOL. I guess it does look like I'm working on a frog or something. Now that I look at them, they are REAL busy looking. Think I'll try a simple white or black background next time. Thanks for the words of encouragement Charlie!!

wyone

you certainly do NOT need anything else in the picture with those gorgeous pens! I do like the wood, and if it was just on a mirror or plain backdrop it would be perfect. The lighting is great!. But none of that would matter if you had not done such a great job on the pens. :)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Lance:

Yup - ditch the "frog dissecting tray"...

The pens look great! Less is better for posting pics in this forum in most cases. Sometimes the bling is fine, but in general..."Just the facts, Ma'm..." (Dragnet???) .

Be Well, Mark

LJPJ

Thank y'all for the compliments! I was kinda intimidated about posting with all of the beautiful pens and other items created and shown here.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone. I have learned SO much from this site it is just amazing! From ditching the bushings to using a skew(still working on that) to CA finish to (well you get the picture). It was all from here and y'all!!!:)

Lance

OZturner

Lance, Great Pens,
Well Made and Finished.
I agree with all the previous comments, on the Prop's.
For me I would keep the pen stand for an appropriate occassion.
But I would give the Tray back to SWMBO immediately.
Congratulations,
Brian.

magier412

Beautiful pens. I agree with the others that the busy background detracts from the pens (but you know that already). I think that you have the photography part down though. Well done!

Top Bottom