A couple of firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Here's a couple of firsts for me. My first Classic Rollerball and Multi-tool pen. The rollerball is Cherry burl, and the Multi-tool is Antler. both were a bit of a challenge to turn, believe it or not, even without all the bells and whistles I usually like to put on a pen. Sorry about the scan pic, I need a new camera.

200542311723_cherryrollerball.jpg

200542311733_antlermultitool.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

I really like using the scanner. If you leave the lid open the background will be black, or put a piece of construction paper of color on top of the pens instead of the lid.

Really nice work, love the burl.

Rich

Woodnknots

Thanks for the comments! The cherry burl came in the form of a partial tree that someone had on their property and cut off years ago, and recently gave it to my wife for my use. Using the burl was more of a challenge than I first anticipated. Having only a 9 inch band saw, I was having issues with waste. I think I'll have to sell a few pens so I can get a 14 inch. Does anyone have any favorites as to brands??? I am particular to delta, but am open to anything that works. Does anyone have the HF 14 inch?

elody21

Good job on both pens! I happen to love cherry! It is so nice to work with!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom