A couple of firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodyoureally

woodyoureally

Spalted, stabilized maple on Atrax fountain. Couple of firsts: First fountain pen and first time using CA finish on an actual pen. I've done some experimenting on scraps but first time I was brave enough to do it on a real pen. Lol C&C welcome.

Attachments

• IMAG0220.jpg
    IMAG0220.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 211
  • IMAG0221.jpg
    IMAG0221.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMAG0224.jpg
    IMAG0224.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 187

plano_harry

Congratulations on pushing forward! Looks like the finish turned out well. Glad to see you jumped into FPs right away.

I am always surprised when pen turners delay getting comfortable with fountain pens for several reasons:

1. It is an interchangeable, screw-in fitting. You could make one by accident if you aren't paying attention to which package you grab.:eek:
  2. As pen makers, many customers would connect that expertise with knowledge of our craft and the ability to help them, differentiating us from woodturners selling pens at the next table.
  3. It is the best way to silently advertise. When people see someone use a fountain pen, they ARE going to comment which gives you a chance to introduce your art.
  4. They are the most fun to play with. Pretty hard to get excited about an RB or BP -- but an FP -- now that's a real pen! You think about it every time you use it (not unlike driving an antique car in many ways :rolleyes:) JMBO

Top Bottom