Couple of Expereiments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SnazzyPenz

SnazzyPenz

So, after reading some of the multitude of interesting articles and posts in here, I decided to try some new things. First one is a leather Seam Ripper.

After drilling holes in it and cutting it somewhat round, I glued the leather to the brass tube using a contact cement that I found at Hobby Lobby. Stuff worked great! Then I turned it with a seriously sharp skew. I had to soak it a couple times with CA to get a nice clean cut, especially on the ends. After that, I loaded it up with about 15 coats of CA and polished it out with Micro Mesh pads.

The next project was my first attempt at a modified or kit-less pen. I used some 7mm tubes I had from a spare kit, a twist mechanism from a slimline and a Trimline clip I had laying around. The Liquid metal blank was scrap from another pen and the Gold and yellow is a cheap fun-line acrylic. I used a couple of ideas I saw from others about hiding the clip and I joined the cap and the nib section with tenons and glued them on with CA. The center band is free spinning, I didn't want it attached.

The last project was my first attempt at salt and pepper grinders. I got a poplar post from Home Depot and made matching napkin rings. Still need some work at using the skew for beads, and I could have drilled the top hole a little deeper to make the top flush, but I think my neighbor will like his new grinders and rings.:wink:

Attachments

• Seam Ripper Handmde Leather Slices and Chrome.jpg
    Seam Ripper Handmde Leather Slices and Chrome.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Seam Ripper Tri-Color Leather and Chrome - Small Blade.jpg
    Seam Ripper Tri-Color Leather and Chrome - Small Blade.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Modified Slimline Ink Pen.jpg
    Modified Slimline Ink Pen.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Slimline Acrylic Pen Kitless.jpg
    Slimline Acrylic Pen Kitless.jpg