a couple Euros

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from btboone

Status
Not open for further replies.

btboone

Here's an order I did for a wedding party. The finish is a single coat of CA without BLO and then buffed on a buffing wheel. I've found that the technique coats all the wood with hot plastic, yet still gives a little bit of wood feel rather than the thick plastic feel of usual CA.

Brazilian Cherry, Birch, Maple Burl, African Blackwood, Bocote, Maple Burl, Walnut, Zebrawood, and Brazilian Cherry.

2006591122_euros.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

>Wait, YOU turn wood????
Jim, you should have seen the inside of my lathe! There was so much sawdust mixing with the stuck on coolant that it looked like it was caked with mud in there. It took me almost as long to clean the lathe as it did to make them![;)]

btboone

Yes, I actually do turn wood every now and then. I turn a lot of wood for inlays in my rings. I usually do 1 or 2 of those a day. Anthony, I do actually have a Jet pen lathe. [:D] I do like using the CNC though because I can be in the other room drilling blanks on the mill while a pen is turning. I turn each half at a time to keep the special mandrel short. I turn them at 6500 rpm. I get such a good surface finish that I only touch them with 600 grit paper before adding CA. I do that on my manual lathe because I can't run the CNC with the door open. The wood really does play havic on the coolant. It gets in there and causes things to grow in it. [:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom